- All your friends' last names end in ".com."
- You've bought groceries, pizzas, books, posters and videotapes on a regular basis for the past year without ever leaving home.
- A power failure sends you into catatonic shock.
- Instead of saying that you have a new girlfriend, you explain that you "upgraded to a new model."
- When you make yourself breakfast, you wonder why the toaster won't fly.
- You communicate with people all over the world but have no idea what the names are of the people across the street.
- You communicate with people all over the world but have no idea what the names are of the people you share the house with.
- You insist on talking to people through chat rooms even when they're in the same room as you because it feels "more natural" that way.
- When you heard the post office was raising its letter rate again, you thought that meant AOL was about to have another price hike.
- You get all your jokes through e-mail and off discussion forums.
Saturday, April 14, 2001
You know you are addicted to the Internet when: