Wednesday, May 15, 2002

Wedding bloopers to avoid

It's been a few years since my wedding, but some of the mishaps still spring to memory today, and I find them amusing perhaps in a way I was unable to appreciate at the time. Some of them even made it into a Brothers Grinn mailing about wedding portents of ill omen:

For starters:

1. My wife tripped on her way up to the altar.

2. My parents were 40 minutes late for the wedding, and they had the rings.

3. We forgot to go outside for the rice-throwing until after our pictures were taken.

4. The DJ at the reception forgot to announce everyone who was in the wedding party with the result that my brother-in-law was skipped.

5. We failed to include all the lyrics for one of the worship songs in the bulletin.

6. We arrived late to our reception because the photos took longer than expected (even though we made a valiant effort to have them taken before the ceremony). When we arrived, our guests had eaten all the appetizers, and when we were notified that the food was ready, we completely forgot about proper protocol.

7. Without making any announcements about lunch being ready, without telling people the order they should go in, the entire wedding party went up and got lunch. Three bites into lunch, I realized we had forgotten to have Mark -- the minister of the church we attended -- say grace.

I walked over to his table and before I could say a word, he told me, "Don't sweat it. You're not the first person to forget grace on his wedding day."n

No comments: