Thursday, September 01, 2005

telemarketing bastards

Dear American Fidelity:

I'd just like it if you people would just take a clue from the Federal Trade Commission and STOP CALLING ME. I signed up for the federal Do Not Call list when it was launched, well over a year ago, and your New Jersey office (908-364-0496) has been amazing in its disregard for federal law. We have received three phone calls in the last three days from that office.

Rest assured that if we should decide to refinance our mortgage, American Fidelity is the LAST brokerage we would consider doing it with. Any firm with that little regard for federal law, a family's stated desire to be left alone, and just basic human decency is not fit to be in business, let alone to receive our hard-earned money.

We've been keeping track of the phone calls. If they continue, I will be filing a harassment suit.

Yours truly,
Me

P.S. You'll note that I didn't provide you with valid contact information. That's because I don't want you to take this as a legitimization of your business tactics. Chances are good that I'm not the only person being harassed. Maybe you should just crack down on the entire office and discipline your telemarketers. (Actually you'd be doing your firm a tremendous favor in terms of publicity if you gave everyone in telemarketing a more useful, and publicly acceptable job. Annoying the public is a lousy way to build your clientele.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have been getting calls from this company also for the past three months. They call at least three times a day. Their evening calls come twice each day between 8 & 9pm (when I'm trying to put my 2 year old to sleep!). All we get is dead silence and the eventual hang up. I have tried to call the number back on the caller ID to tell these people to stop calling, but all you get is a busy signal. I have even screamed into the phone for these idiots to stop calling. I have just filed a complaint, as I hope you have done also, @ www.donotcall@fcc.gov.