Thursday, January 26, 2006

holy frak

We just finished watching the first season of Battlestar Galactica last night on DVD.

No frakking way. The show has been building to a head the whole season, particularly during the two-parter "Kobol's Last Gleaming." In that, we saw a wedge driven between the government and the military; we saw Apollo actually side against his father and Colonel Tigh; we saw Baltar apparently give in completely to a sense of divinely decreed destiny; the Galactica Boomer's reality just came crashing down on her; and well ...

Holy frak, did she really kill Adama?

It's going to suck having to wait for someone to buy us Season Two ...

2 comments:

JJ said...

Heh, BSG is my favourite show on television right now! Don't ask me how I'm able to watch it from Korea cause... well, I'll take the 5th (even though I'm not American)! Season 2 is rather remarkable, I have to say. Hope you can get a hold of it soon!

marauder34 said...

I've heard from several people that BSG just keeps getting better. The TV critics at The Star-Ledger have ranked it among the 10 best shows on TV right now, if not the best.

As to watching it in Korea, I used to be a missionary in Haiti. I'm under no illusions about pirated versions of movies and shows.

If your conscience is bothering you, you can always download it from the Sci-Fi Network, I've heard. Then you can burn it onto your own DVD or watch it on an iPod or whatever you want to do.

We just lent our Season One DVD's to my father so he can catch up on it with us. (It also makes it easier to justify laying out the money for DVD's if they get watched by a larger audience than just my wife and me.)