Sunday, July 29, 2007

kennywood, here i come

We're planning to go to Pittsburgh in a little over a week. The big must-see is Kennywood.

There is no way in the world I would miss it. I grew up outside Pittsburgh, and we went to Kennywood every summer at least twice, probably three times most summers.

I remember each year we would try to figure out in the last few days of class which ride they had replaced, and what it would be replaced with. I don't remember what it was the year they installed the Laser Loop, but I remember being disappointed, because the Laser Loop was such a disappointing roller coaster to go on. I understand that it was one of the rides they took out the year they added the Steel Phantom, so I guess I'm not the only one to find it a disappointment.

And now here I am, ready to return to a place of a lot of happy memories. Even the rides that didn't seem that interesting when I was a kid, like Noah's Ark, are something I'm looking back with a strong air of nostalgia, and I'm looking forward to sharing the experience with my girls.

The last time I went there was shortly after I got married, so I'm looking forward to seeing if I'm still young enough to handle rides like the Thunderbolt ... though realistically I'll probably spend most of my time on rides my kids can handle, which fortunately include the Jackrabbit.

No comments: