Friday, August 03, 2007

sleep

I'm so tired, I feel like I could sleep for the next 20 years.
 
I haven't been able to get a decent night's sleep all week. I had a bad night at the start of the week where I got about three or four hours of sleep. Insomnia actually can be helpful for the first night, because it's possible to get things done once you get your second wind; unfortunately, time and children wait for no man, and every day since Monday it's been as though my biorhythms got smacked with a metaphorical aluminum baseball bat.

Wednesday night, Rachel asked me to climb into bed with her for a few minutes, so I did, and fell asleep even faster than she did.

Natasha woke me up around 11 p.m. as she was leaning in to give Rachel a kiss, but alas! when I wake up part way through a night's sleep, it often leaves me unable to fall back asleep the rest of the night. I was unable to get back to sleep until 4 a.m.

Last night, when I littered the place with silly polls, I had fallen asleep from sheer exhaustion for about an hour after dinner ... and I was wide awake until late at night again.

Anyway, it's now Friday. I'm hoping I can fall asleep at the proper time tonight and get back on schedule.

No comments: