Friday, December 09, 2005

return to the planet of the thyroid

After telling me Thursday night that I would be going home Saturday evening at the earliest, the surgeon had me discharged this evening, Friday. If you were planning to visit me, you may still do so, but I advise against trying to do it at the hospital, as I am not there.

My throat is sore, and it's still a little uncomfortable to swallow (and I have no thyroid), but otherwise I'm OK.

And to my considerable disappointment, not only did they not let me keep the thyroid in a jar, they also did not take me a picture of it. One of the operating crew said a thyroid looks like a blob of used tissue; the surgeon himself said I could find a picture of somebody else's thyroid on the Internet.

I am very tired now, and I am going to bed.

No comments: