Friday, December 09, 2005

Discharged already after surgery

After telling me Thursday night that I would be going home Saturday evening at the earliest, the surgeon had me discharged this evening, Friday. 

To my considerable disappointment, not only did they not let me keep the thyroid in a jar, they also did not take me a picture of it. One of the operating crew said a thyroid looks like a blob of used tissue. The surgeon himself said I could find a picture of somebody else's thyroid on the Internet.

If you were planning to visit me, you may still do so, but I advise against trying to do it at the hospital, as I am not there.

My throat is sore, it's still a little uncomfortable to swallow, and I have no thyroid, but otherwise I'm OK.

I am very tired now, and I am going to bed.

No comments: