Monday, August 14, 2006

mystery virus

It started late Saturday afternoon.
 
Natasha and I were working on sanding the fascia and soffit in front of the house, in preparation for a paint job it desparately needs. More specifically, she was working on it while I held the ladder for her, since (as previously noted) I can't handle heights. Even holding the ladder, I was worn out. Finally when she got down, I went inside, climbed upstairs and fell asleep on the bed for about two hours.
 
I got up after dinner, and when I went back to bed, I tossed and turned and had difficulty sleeping, but eventually I drifted off until it was time to get up and start getting ready for church. We walked to church, owing to the high gas prices, and at one point I had to leave the service to go throw up in the bathroom.
 
Back home, I slept another four or five hours, right through lunch and up to the point I had to start the grill to get ready for dinner. Now it's almost 4 a.m., and I think I'm ready to try going to sleep again. Hopefully my sleep schedule will get back to normal soon.
 
I'm not really sure what started this. Rachel was sick earlier this week with a virus, so it hardly would be surprising if I caught what she had. On the other hand, she had a temperature of 103.3 degrees and needed a bath to bring her fever down. I haven't had a fever at all, although there's nothing that says viruses have to affect adults the same way they affect kids.

No comments: