Sunday, April 27, 2008

In Search Of: A Job

After 40 months of being a stay-at-home dad, I have begun dipping my toes back into professional waters. My first resume in more than three years went out last week, and now a second is about to join it.

It's time, and it's necessary. Our daughter Rachel is ready to begin first grade at the charter school in September, money is tight as all get-out right now, and the grant that pays for my wife's job is about to run dry in another six weeks.

It's a bittersweet passing, to be honest, but it's time. One of us needs to get a job, and it'd be nice if it paid something like $60,000 or so. (Though with the state of the USD right now, I'm thinking Euros might be better.) We've been making ends meet on around two-thirds of that, but this is the costliest state to live in, and it'd be nice not to have to scrounge quite so much.

No comments: