Friday, October 06, 2006

Rallying the troop

Today I went to Evangeline's school and handed out registration forms to all the girls who were in the Daisies troop last year. With any luck, they'll re-enroll for the new year as well.

I asked two mothers if they would consider becoming troop leaders, since my sex disqualifies me from the role. I have hopes only for one of them, and not even high hopes at that.

Next is to stop goldbricking, and write a letter to the school asking for the room back. Then I have to write a general recruitment letter for the classes, to see if we can get more girls to join the troop, and send that to our council liaison so she can approve it.

And somewhere in there, I need to make calls to these parents and see if I can drum up a leader.

Sigh. I suppose it's good for me.

No comments: