Tuesday, July 31, 2007

jane dyes her hair

One day after dyeing her hair brown to avoid hearing blonde jokes, Jane was driving a pickup along a country road when she came upon a large flock of sheep blocking the way. She came to a stop and got out to survey the situation. She realized that there was no way around or through and was wondering what to do when the shepherd came into view.

As a way of being friendly and also passing the time, she remarked to the shepherd that he had a rather large flock of sheep. "Yep, sure is, replied the shepherd."

Then she asked the shepherd, "If I can guess how many sheep you have, may I have one of them?"

The shepherd, figuring that there was no way in the world she could guess, replied, "Sure. Have at it."

"Five hundred ninety-three," she quickly responded.

The shepherd, totally dumbfounded, said, "Ma'am, I don't know how you did it, but you're right. Choose your sheep and I'll help you load it into your truck."

After her choice was loaded into the truck and safely secured, the shepherd asked Jane, "Lady, if I guess the true color of your hair, can I have my dog back?"

No comments: