Sunday, August 26, 2007

irony

Since my general disposition politically is liberal and not inclined toward favoring Bush, I thought everyone would appreciate the unusual situation I was in a few days ago.

I had gone to pick up the girls from a play date at a friend's house, and as they were using up their warning time, I was sitting and talking to their friends' mother, and to their grandmother, who was visiting. The discussion morphed, as these discussions will, into a discussion of the charter school all four children attend, and then into politics and a discussion of the Bush presidency in general.

As the grandmother began describing Bush in superlative terms -- most stupid, most malicious, most evil, and so on -- I found myself in the unexpected position of defending him.

Who woulda thought?

No comments: