Friday, March 01, 2002

things my daughter has said

One day last week, I took Evangeline and her foster brother, Isaac, out on a few errands. As I took off her sweatshirt after we had returned, I inadvertently pulled her shirt sleeve off her arm as well.

Evangeline looked down at her arm, which was now sticking out from under her shirt, and at her sleeve, which was now hanging loose from her shoulder and called out, "Daddy, help! My arm fell off."

On Friday, we were in the car again when I was checking on the kids through the rear-view mirror. Evangeline had made eye contact with me, so when I flipped the rear-view mirror back up so I could watch the vehicle behind me, she said, "Uh-oh! Daddy's turned off. Turn Daddy back on!"

Then there's the time she called 9-1-1 while I was in the bathroom ...

No comments: