Wednesday, March 05, 2003

i hate my job

I long ago gave up trying to read God's mind. I'm convinced that's not how he works and not what a life of faith is about.

Things are building to a head right now, and I'm honestly not sure how much more I can take. I've started to send out resumes again, and am hoping to get something before I explode. I'm also mulling my legal options. My employer has allowed a hostile work environment to develop and has done virtually nothing to remedy the problems when they've been brought to management's attention. I don't approve of the litigious nature our society has developed; on the other hand, I don't like being treated like a doormat.

I sent one resume to a newspaper down in Central Jersey a couple days ago for an editing position there, but I'm also looking to possibly leave the newspaper business for other writing opportunities. Magazines would be nice -- and would pay better -- and I could stand doing media relations for certain groups as well.

I'd appreciate prayers for patience and grace during these next few weeks. Yesterday Cheryl accused me to my face and in the presence of the rest of the news room of purposely deleting her bylines and marring the press release about her flarking awards just to embarass her. She also wants to start backreading her own news copy after I edit it. I need to display the character of Christ, and if I get angry I'd rather it be a righteous anger than the kind I usually have. (I'm a patient sort, but I can be pushed too far.)

Thanks for your concern.

No comments: