Saturday, March 15, 2003

tired of iraq

You know how some people just LOVE politics, and can't get enough of it? You know how some journalists get a thrill out of being in the thick of things where all the big political fish are swimming and eating people alive? I'm not one of them.

I have a mild interest in politics -- the big fish, for all their self-important buffoonery, *do* have some effect on the real world -- but it's not enough to sustain my interest in a conversation that covers every forum on the Internet, idle chatter at the office and at home, every front page and op-ed page in the newspaper industry, and even the music on the radio.

I am concerned about the impending war in Iraq, and do pray that it will be averted, and that God's people will rise up in faith across the Middle East, but there are other things that occupy my attention too, besides the war.

No comments: