Friday, May 31, 2002

Have me stuffed and mounted when I pass on

When I die, I'd like to be stuffed and mounted by a taxidermist. Perhaps they could even set me up so that whenever someone shakes my hand, candy comes out of my mouth.

All kidding aside, I do want to have all my viable organs removed and given to people in need. I hesitate to go for cremation, though. Why? Because my Grandmother Ergood was cremated when I was 20, and it's a little hard to get that closure when you're dealing with a box of cremains and not seeing the person's body.

One of the more interesting means of burial I've read about is what they call "air burial." The Motilone Indians in Colombia leave their dead spread out in a tree house for the birds to come and carry the deceased off to heaven. Maybe we could try that.

On second thought, definitely go with the taxidermist.

No comments: